The Civil Service Exam is commonly known as the IAS Exam. The UPSC Civil Service Examination (CSE) is one of the prestigious exams conducted by the Union Public Service Commission to hire for various civil services in India, including IAS, IPS, IFS, and other allied services. The exam is conducted in three stages, namely, UPSC Prelims, UPSC Main, and the Personality Test or UPSC Interview. The candidates are shortlisted based on the ranking of the final Civil Service Exam.
The IPS officers are given the highest rank in the state police machinery and the Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF). The employment of the IPS officers is governed by the Central Government.
Civil Service Exam 2022: Overview
The aspirant should know the full form of the CSE, which is the Civil Services Exam, and it is conducted by a prestigious body named Union Public Service Commission. The Union Public Service Commission has already released the notification for 2022 recruitment on 2 February 2022 on its official website.
|Name of the Examination||Civil Services Exam (UPSC CSE Exam | UPSC Civils)|
|Number of vacancies in Civil Services 2022||861|
|Eligibility||The Civil Services Age Limit for Indian Citizens is between 21 and 32 years.|
|Civil Service Exam 2021 Dates||UPSC Civil Services Prelims – 10/10/2021UPSC Civil Services Mains – 07/01/2022 onwards.|
|Civil Service Exam 2022 Dates||UPSC CSE Prelims – 05/06/2022UPSC CSE Mains – 16/09/2022onward|
Civil Service Exam 2022: Various Posts
Aspirants should be aware that the Civil Services Exam posts are divided into three categories: All India Services, Group ‘A’, and Group ‘B’.
All India Services has three posts; namely, the IAS, IPS and the IFS; Group ‘A’ has 18 services, and Group ‘B’ has 5 services.
Civil Service Exam Post: All India Services
- Indian Administrative Services (IAS)
- Indian Forest Services (IFoS)
- Indian Police Services (IPS)
Civil Service Exam Post: Group ‘A’ Services
- Indian Foreign Service (IFS)
- Indian P & T Accounts & Finance Service
- Indian Audit and Accounts Service
- Indian Revenue Service (Customs and Central Excise)
- Indian Defence Accounts Service
- Indian Revenue Service (I.T.)
- Indian Ordnance Factories Service (Assistant Works Manager, Administration)
- Indian Postal Service
- Indian Civil Accounts Service
- Indian Railway Traffic Service
- Indian Railway Accounts Service
- Indian Railway Personnel Service
- Post of Assistant Security Commissioner in Railway Protection Force
- Indian Defence Estates Service
- Indian Information Service (Junior Grade)
- Indian Trade Service
- Indian Corporate Law Service
- Indian Revenue Service (CBEC)
Civil Service Exam Post: Group ‘B’ Services
- Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Service (Section Officer’s Grade)
- Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Civil Service
- Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Police Service
- Pondicherry Civil Service
- Pondicherry Police Service
Civil Service Exam 2022: IPS Officer Recruitment Process
Aspirants who are willing to appear for the IPS Civil Service Exam should be aware that there are two recruitment processes for the IPS:
- Promotion of State Police Service Officers
- Civil Services Examination conducted by the Union Public Service Commission
The Union Public Service Commission conducts the prestigious exam, the Civil Services Exam, for which almost 5-8 lakh aspirants appear every year. The same exam recruits officers for various posts, namely the Indian Administrative Service, Indian Revenue Service, Indian Audit and Accounts Service, etc.
The IPS exam (UPSC CSE 2022) is going to be conducted in three stages:
- Civil Services (Preliminary) Exam – 5 June 2022
- Civil Services (Main) Exam – 16 September 2022, onwards
- UPSC Personality Test – To be notified
Civil Service Exam 2022: IPS Officer Eligibility Criteria
Aspirants must meet the strict criteria set by the UPSC to become an IPS officer in India and clear the Civil Services Exam.
The IPS eligibility conditions and qualification criteria are.
- Nationality – Candidates must be an Indian citizens
- Age Limit – Minimum age of the candidate is 21 years, and the maximum age varies depending on the category and physical disability
- Minimum Educational Qualification – The candidate should hold a university degree (graduate) from a recognised university
- Number of Attempts – There are 6 attempts for the General category
Civil Service Exam 2022: Preparation Tips for IPS Officer
The candidates should be well versed in the important chapters and important areas before appearing in the IPS exam. Candidates should prepare themselves thoroughly so that they can qualify for the IPS selection process.
Some IPS Preparation Tips 2022 are listed below:
1. Revise previous years’ question papers
Solving IPS previous years’ question Papers is essential for becoming familiar with the subjects that are frequently asked in the exam. This is the smartest way to prepare for the exam, rather than the typical subject-by-subject strategy, which is generally practised in the graduate examination. In this way, candidates will be able to cover a few of the most important topics.
2. Familiarisation with the study material
You should be aware of your syllabus and schedule your studies accordingly.
3. Organizing your time
This means that you should never create a restrictive study plan that includes numerous strict components, such as covering subtopics within a specific time period of minutes. Instead, concentrate on completing the study material for the days according to your understanding so that you do not waste time on a shallow understanding of the core issues. Be adaptable while remaining focused on your objectives.
Set a timetable that allows for at least two rounds of revisions.
This not only aids in the development of a perspective on a given topic but also allows one to see how the questions are framed and asked in the examination in a variety of ways.
4. Making notes is an effective way to learn
Taking notes and going over them again helps you revise more effectively. Revision from self-made notes is always simple and convenient. It aids in greater retention and memory, as well as provides an advantage in exams.
This is how your IPS preparation plan should look. Stay tuned for more in-depth exam strategies so you can optimize your ability and stick to the plan to ace the IPS 2022 exam.