A special anniversary deserves a special cake to brighten up the day. Well, we are here with just the perfect anniversary cake for you. A rainbow cake iced with buttercream and topped with colorful sprinkles to add party vibes. So, let’s get started with the recipe to make this yummy anniversary cake!
- 375 gm salted butter, softened, plus extra for the tin
- 6 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 375 gm golden caster sugar
- 150 ml of milk
- 375 gm self-raising flour
- Blue and pink food coloring
- Sprinkles, to decorate
For the Icing
- 250 gm salted butter, softened
- 400 gm icing sugar, sifted
- Vanilla pod, seeds scraped out
- 100 gm full-fat cream cheese
Recipe / Instructions
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C. Grease and line three 20 cm sandwich cake baking containers with parchment paper.
- To make the sponge, beat the sugar and butter together in a stand blender or utilizing an electric blender for five to eight minutes or until light and feathery. Beat in the eggs, each, in turn, beating well after every addition.
- Fold in the flour, milk, and baking powder to loosen. Equally, divide the blend between three blending bowls. Colour one of the batters pink and another blue, beginning with a bit of shading, and including more for a more profound finish. Leave one of the batters uncoloured.
- Get the three readied cake baking containers and bowls of batters you prepared. Spread a tablespoon of blue batter into the centre of a container, then pink in the second, and uncoloured in the third. Working rapidly so it doesn’t spread excessively, include another spoon of an alternate shaded batter on top of everyone. Do not let the batter settle or spread out, do the process quickly and repeat it until the batter is finished. The heaviness of each layer will make the batter spread as you go, so delicately tap and shake the cake containers to level out the batter.
- Put the cake tin with the batter in the centre of the oven for 25 to 30 minutes. Invert the sponges on the wire rack to cool off totally.
- For the icing, put the icing sugar, butter, and vanilla seeds into a stand blender fitted with the paddle connection or put in a bowl and utilize an electric whisk. Beat for five minutes or until soft and fluffy. Include the cream cheese and beat quickly until well joined.
- Put one of the cakes on a turntable or serving plate and spread 2 tbsp of the buttercream on top, now repeat the same with different sponges. Spread a smooth layer of the icing over the sides and top of the cake, utilizing a big palette blade, leaving somewhat less frosted spots for a naked finish. Top with sprinkles, candies, and candles, as you want. The cake is ready to serve. You can store it for 3 days in airtight containers.
So, that’s how you bake a yummilicious happy anniversary cake. Bake the cake for your dear ones or for your own anniversary and add charm to the special day.