We all understand that text message marketing is an excellent approach to engage your audience, particularly given the present business environment. However, as more businesses adopt text messaging, you need to make sure your messages are concise, direct, and non-intrusive. You don’t want leads or customers to unsubscribe as a result of messages that were badly crafted.
You only have 160 characters to work with in every message, so use them wisely. Consider the general message and rules for all of your messaging efforts as a starting point. While it is simple to write 160 characters, it is much more difficult to do so in a way that is meaningful and engaging. To get greater outcomes, it is worthwhile to spend more time perfecting your communications.
We’ve listed our top tips for writing better text messages for your text message marketing campaigns below:
1. Use their name exclusively. Customers anticipate personalized messaging from brands. You’ll get their attention and they’ll appreciate the small gesture if you address them by name.
2. At the outset of your content, mention the name of your company. Don’t presume that your contact is aware of who you are. Tell them up front who they are speaking with.
3. Describe the reason for your contact. Always include a reason for your contact in your message. Nobody wants to be left in the dark about the purpose of a message.
4. Employ keywords. Utilize keywords to entice potential clients and consumers to initiate discussions with you about anything pertinent to their needs and those of your company. The benefit of keywords is that people may answer when it is convenient for them and on their schedule.
5. Get right to your call to action. For a text message to be delivered as a single message that isn’t broken up with ellipses, it must be under 153 characters long (English letters only, not other characters). So be succinct in your call to action and include a keyword so that your contact can easily respond.
6. Make your directions clear. Any instructions for responding with keywords or performing other actions should be concise and understandable.