Recover Deleted Files from Optical Media for Free
Slowly signing off from the ever-blooming digital era, optical media is one of the popular storage media of its time. This slowly fading storage system has given people a great time storing and sharing data safely in its prosperous days.
Optical Media are the disc drives that read or write data using laser light or electromagnetic waves. Examples of optical media are CD-ROM, DVD, virtual optical devices, RDX, and flash drives.
However, with the passage of time, these discs tend to gain scratches, hence making it difficult for the laser to read the data on it. People, who are still using this media for storage, tend to lose data due to deletion or any other reason. To recover data from optical media for free, there are various options available, such as free data recovery software.
Reasons for Data Loss from an Optical Media
Some common reasons that may result in data loss from optical media are:
- Environmental Damage: Factors such as humidity, dust, temperature, etc., can affect the durability of optical media, resulting in data loss.
- Daily Usage Damage: Daily usage can also result in data damage as optical media is quite delicate and there is a need for extra care while handling such media.
- Scratches: A common and main reason for data loss from an optical medium are scratches. Scratches make it hard for the laser to read the disc. Hence, the data becomes inaccessible to the user.
- Material Degradation: The optical media required to be heated to save data using the layer of dye on its surface. With material degradation, the data can shift from its original place and become inaccessible for the user.
Methods to Recover Deleted Files from an Optical Media
There are many tried and tested methods, which exist in the market, to recover deleted files from optical media and the best of them deserve a mention in this article. So, keep reading and go through all the methods to pick the one which suits you the best:
Hit and Trial Methods
There are a few hit and trial methods that you can give a go. However, these methods may sound absurd, but these have proven to be effective for many users.
- Waxing the shiny surface of the optical media
- Put shiny surface under a light bulb and try running it again
- Clean the optical media using mild detergent
- Polish the shiny surface of the optical media using toothpaste
However, these are not professional ways to recover data from optical media which is why they cannot guarantee data recovery. The user will have to look for some trusted ways to do the job.
TIP: Whenever cleaning an optical media, make sure to use the radial motion of the hand.
Adding to that, it must be noted that users should use their own discretion while applying these hit and trial methods as sometimes these methods could backfire. This means that these methods might result in more data loss. So, it is always advisable to use professional data recovery software to recover data from optical media.
Free Data Recovery Software
Although there is much professional data recovery software available on the internet, Stellar Data Recovery Software is the one whose name is heard during suggestions.
The user can use this software to recover any kind of data from any kind of optical media. The software is also popular for the recovery speed it offers to the customers.
Not only the software recovers data from optical media, but it can also recover data from any known storage media i.e. software can also recover deleted files from Hard Disk for free. Adding to that, the user does not even have to worry about the file format in which the data is stored as the software supports all kinds of file formats. If by chance the user could not find the desired file format in the list of supported formats, there is an option to add the file format.
Though optical media is vanishing from the market, there are still plenty of them in use, carrying lots of important data.
In case of data loss from such media, you can use the hit and trial methods mentioned in the article. These methods might or might not prove to be helpful to you. You can give those methods a try. If any of them works for you, please take a backup of the data in a new storage medium immediately.
Stellar Data Recovery Software can be beneficial when the optical media has been damaged logically and the data becomes inaccessible due to that reason.
However, if the damage is caused by a physical factor, then such a situation could only be handled by a professional data recovery service provider, such as Stellar.