Instagram is an opportunity for everyone to showcase their work. It’s like a visual smorgasbord. It is actually a place where you build your audience. For a designer, it is a platform to garner new clients for your work. Mentioned below are some of the ways how designers can use Instagram to best of their advantage without being overtly promotional:
- Be Consistent– It is extremely important to be consistent with your posts. Every designer has his or her distinctive style. In some cases, followers get to know about the designer when they see a picture. So, it is vital to reinforce consistency so that your followers can identify with your thought process. Some designers also buy likes to expand the reach of your posts
- Build a Story– There is no medium better than Instagram to build a story. Stories bring out an in-depth narrative. They are the best way to reach out to a wider audience without the danger of your idea of getting copied.
- Approach Your Instagram Handle as a Business Tool– In the social media scenario, Instagram is viewed as a business tool. It not only allows more and more people to know about your work, but it also exhibits your latest developments as a designer.
- Create Relevant Hashtags- Build exclusive and interesting Hashtags for your design posts. This will elevate the popularity of your Instagram handle. Try to make posts when most of your followers are online. Encourage your followers to use your Hashtags as this will promote the popularity of your posts.
- Propel Interaction– Interactions can broaden the scope of your posts. You will get noticed by more followers, and this will offer opportunities for collaborations. Usually, for increased interactions, people have contests and giveaways. These are a good way to get followers on Instagram.
- Use your Insight to understand what the audience likes- A designer can easily gauge from his/ her Instagram posts what people like. This allows the designer to create designs as per the expectations and needs of the clients. These lessons can be incorporated into future posts.
- Make Use of Only High-Quality Pictures- It is extremely vital to post only high-quality pictures, as they are truly representative of your design sensibilities. There are several designers who click beautiful pictures of their designs as they underhand all details about lighting. You can post once or twice a day to create maximum impact.
So, these are some of the ways how Instagram can be used as a tool to elevate the popularity of a designer. Designers need to self promote their work on Instagram as this leads to the expansion of their client base. Be regular with your posts as keeping touch is the key to not being forgotten. A designer cannot afford hiatus on Instagram as this will hit your engagement in a big way.